The Alliance for Biosecurity and MD Becker Partners produced a joint industry report titled, “Medical Countermeasures: A Roundtable Discussion.” This report provides valuable information about the field from key opinion leaders, analysts, and industry executives. In total, a panel of 16 experts participated, sharing their reflections on important advancements, lessons learned, core challenges and recommendations for the future of the medical countermeasures enterprise. The experts concluded that there is a need for strengthened leadership, long term funding, increased transparency, and streamlined contracting in the medical countermeasure enterprise.
A complimentary copy of the full report can be obtained by clicking here.
Roundtable experts participating in the report include:
• Daniel Abdun-Nabi, Emergent BioSolutions Inc.
• U.S. Senator Richard Burr (NC)
• Nathan Cali, B.S., M.B.A., Noble Financial Capital Markets
• John Grabenstein, Ph.D., COL, USA (Ret.), Merck & Co., Inc.
• James Greenwood, Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO)
• Margaret Hamburg, M.D., U.S. Food and Drug Administration
• Anders Hedegaard, Bavarian Nordic A/S
• Robert Kadlec, M.D.
• Michael Novod, Nordea Bank
• Elizabeth Posillico, Ph.D., Elusys Therapeutics, Inc.
• Eric Richman, PharmAthene, Inc.
• U.S. Congressman Mike Rogers (MI)
• Eric Rose, M.D., SIGA Technologies
• Bruce Ruscio, Novartis Vaccines and Diagnostics
• Raghuram Selvaraju, Ph.D. MBA, Aegis Capital Corp.
• Craig Vanderwagen, M.D., RADM, USPHS, Martin, Blanck & Associates